Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

I take it back.

There will be no Zick Zack Tunic for me in the near future. I know I said I would finish it, but I am realizing that there is a very good reason it's been sitting for over a year...it's not fun for me to knit. The yarn is very skinny and slippery and dark-colored, the needles are Knit Picks Harmony (dark wood, which a dark purple yarn gets lost in), and it grows very slowly. I have picked it up twice since I said I would, but it's just not enjoyable. This is a hobby, not work, right? I have so many fun new patterns that I want to do (Delancy Cardigan, anyone??) that it's just not making me happy to sit there working on something I am not excited about. At least I have finished a few other things (pictures coming soon!) so I don't feel spread TOO thin among all of my works-in-progress.

Now my only dilemma is to frog, or to let it sit a while longer and see if I ever feel like getting back to it. I was thinking maybe, when I come back to it, to change the needle tips to nickel and see if that helped me see the stitches better (love those interchangable needles!).

Knitters, how do you decide when to give up on a project?

2 comments:

  1. If you have nickel needles readily available, you should try those out. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste time on something you don't love. I might put up with a bit of fussiness if I really really like the pattern, but don't stick with it just because you feel like you have to. Do you really want to add up all the hours you've spent in irritated knitting? ick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have decided to frog. There is a really nice lace-weight cardigan pattern that I have my eye on that would look great in the yarn from the Zick Zack.

    ReplyDelete